Saturday, February 24, 2007

Departed

Nine out of Ten

I am writing this review as I watch this movie for the second time. We were lucky to even get the movie because everyone who walked into Blockbuster asked for it but it was all checked out. The frustrated clerks had even put up huge signs "WE ARE OUT OF DEPARTED". Luckily as we went up to check out someone dropped it off and we got to watch it.

It's a great film and what makes it great is the superb acting and directing. I'm not a huge fan of Leonardo DiCaprio but he just blew it out of the water in this film. Do you want an idea how good this is? I adore Matt Damon but the film would make me slightly nervous if I ever were to cross him on the street. The sweet smile with a terrible secret. Yikes.

Its a mobster flick and about undercover cops. It holds no surprises but the age old story is told so well you can't help but be swept away.