Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

Well written. Well acted. Both beautiful and tragic in the same breath.

Things I loved: Christian Bale because he's just super awesome in so many many ways. Heath Ledger rocked it as the Joker, he left me terrified. The cinematography was amazing, the action sequences mesmerized me, and Michael Cain... how much does he rock?

Things I loved not so much: ***warning- spoilers**

They didn't do a good job showing Dent's transformation from DA to Two-Faced. I felt the transition was too quick as opposed to in the comic version where they allude to Dent feeling jealous of Batman and having evil tendencies in his heart of darkness.

Maggie Gyllenhaal might be better than Katie Holmes as Rachel but still, neither character really felt like they should've been the love object for two of the most eligible bachelors in town. Plus, I just felt the acting wasn't *that* great. I also feel that when she died, Batman's reaction was a little iffy.

The ending wasn't really one. Sure Joker is caught, but he's still there.... you know he'll escape. I wanted more closure.