Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Paul Blart Mall Cop

four out of ten

I think if I was ten I would have loved this movie. Paul Blart is a would be police officer except he is hypoglycemic and passed out in the final portion of the police exam. As a result he is now a mall cop on one of those one wheeled scooters patrolling the mall and getting absolutely no respect. He also has a poor love life and is hopelessly in love with the girl who runs the wig shop pagoda but knows he stands no chance. Then right around the holidays a bunch of thieves take over the mall and hold people hostage including his lady love. Paul Blart decides to show what he's made of. Will he succeed? I rented this movie because I like Kevin James from his show King of Queens. This movie was okay. The laughs were predictable, the storyline was boring, but it was still not so hideous as to cause me to throw my television against the wall.

Movies suck these days it seems. My standards are getting low.