Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Knocked Up

Six out of Ten

Knocked Up is about a girl who gets (don't hold your breath) knocked up by a stranger after a one night stand. She is determined to have this child and even more determined to have the father of the child have an active role in her child's life and her pregnancy.

I know people really loved this movie but I couldn't get past the logic behind the choices the pregnant girl made. WHY would you ask this guy who you barely know who knocked you up to go with you to the gynecologist? Is that necessary? I guess the resulting jokes were just too obvious for my tastes. And I also wasn't convinced by the girls' determination to have a relationship with the baby daddy. I mean, he's an idiot, he's going nowhere and you don't even like him. I understand her reasons, but I didn't find them believable. It was okay, there were times I laughed, but it definitely was not my favorite movie. Personally, in my opinion, it was one of the most overrated films of the year.