Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What to do the ratings MEAN?

The method to my madness:

1/10: So heinous that everyone involved in this movie should be tarred and feathered and forever banished from ever appearing/producing/writing/watching a movie ever again.
2/10: Similar to the 1/10 except one redeeming value which prevented me from leaping out of a ten story building window (though the thought briefly crossed my mind) such as: a pretty actor, nice soundtrack and/or decent cinematography.
3/10: Similar to 2/10 except two redeeming values existed in the movie
4/10: Hm, this movie could have been GREAT but its not. It sucks. But I know what it could have been so I give the attempt some credit.
5/10: I get the storyline but there were so many holes/plot issues/poor acting that I couldn't get past it. I dont HATE it but I don't like it either.
6/10: Its good. It either made me think or laugh or kept me entertained. Acting/Plot could have been better. But overall good effort. Wouldn't say its a MUST SEE, but if you wanted to watch it, I wouldn't say don't.
7/10: This was a pretty good movie. Maybe a storyline didn't go the way I wanted, but overall good movie probably worth renting.
8/10: This was a good movie with good acting and good storyline. Perhaps there was something in it I personally disagreed with such as a choice a character made, etc. or perhaps it was a movie that was too long (editor asleep syndrome), but still good flick. Watch it in theaters if you are so inclined.
9/10: LOVED the movie.
10/10: LOVED it! WANT TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS! ITS PERFECT, JUST PERFECT! WATCH IT WATCH IT.